At the Wetaskiwin Animal Clinic, our entire professional healthcare team is dedicated to delivering proactive, problem preventing medicare which is the key to maintaining optimum pet health.
Our veterinary practice realizes that the most important key to providing optimum pet healthcare is by putting the veterinarian’s role as a problem preventer on an equal footing with the traditional role of a disease and injury treating problem solver. The focus on disease prevention emphasizes regular visits for preventive healthcare instead of occasional, as-needed utilization of veterinary services for acute emergency care. We offer a wide range of services including medical, diagnostic, surgical, and preventive health care needs for your pet so they live a longer, healthier, happier life.
A patient’s healthcare is not complete without a complete diagnostic work-up and comprehensive testing.
- Annual checkups can overlook diseases that are subtle or subclinical. A minimum database can diagnose earlier and enable timely management of common diseases, such as diabetes, kidney disease and parasitism.
- Every animal is unique, so it is important to know what normal is for each patient.
- Trending results allows earlier diagnosis and intervention. Earlier detection and treatment leads to better outcomes, improved quality of life and lower treatment costs.
General Physical Examination alone by itself can fail to detect many underlying sub-clinical illnesses and disease conditions. Keeping your dog safe and healthy is a full-time job. It takes more than just going to see the veterinarian when sickness is obvious. Click here to find advice and precautionary tips for the long-term wellbeing of your pets PET HEALTH NETWORK brought to you by IDEXX.
These are just some of the Veterinary Healthcare Services we provide for you pets:
- General Physical Examinations
- Annual Wellness exams and vaccinations
- Puppy and Kitten Health Checks
- Nutritional consultation and Management
- Full in clinic IDEXX laboratory testing
- Spay and neuter surgeries
- Laser surgery
- Microchip and Tattoos
- Emergency service
- Pet Dentistry
- Digital x-ray
- Digital dental x-ray
- Dog Breeding
- Pharmacy Drugs
- Deworming and Parasite prevention
- Nail trims and anal gland expressions
- Boarding and Daycare